One of our Miami clients has an immediate need for a Commercial Lines Underwriter who will be responsible for underwriting commercial lines new business, renewals and endorsements. This growing organization provides a wonderful workplace and culture for the Underwriting professional with at least 3 years of experience. The Underwriter will communicate and negotiate with agents on the submission of business while providing an exceptional level of customer service externally and internally. Experience with CAT Modeling will be a huge plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
· 3-10+ years of commercial lines underwriting experience
· Experience with Catastrophe Models – AIR and KatRisk preferred
· Prefer experience underwriting commercial lines all perils, including flood
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; ability to create office procedure documents and manuals utilizing programs like Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
· Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to problem solve using critical thinking and sound decision making
The company provides competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, an incentive component, the opportunity for future career growth and progression and recognition as "One of the Best Places to Work" in SE Florida.