Join a great company with excellent work/life balance and a family feel; where you can gain exposure to some of the latest and greatest technologies in a team environment, and make a real difference.
Senior Scrum Master / Guidewire Project Manager – P&C/Insurance/Software
(6+ month contract opportunity)
Senior Scrum Master / Guidewire Project Manager – P&C / Insurance will be leveraging Agile methodologies and thinking across business and technology initiatives. The person will be instrumental in ensuring that all projects meet the expectations and needs of our business partners and employees.
· Manage multiple projects of medium to large scale through all sprints/iterations and phases.
· Organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other Agile/Scrum events. Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
· Track and communicate team metrics and sprint/release progress to all teams and management.
· In partnership with the product owner, work with Scrum teams on User Stories.
· Involved with sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product.
· Leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog.
· Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core Agile principles.
· Update Agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and Sprint backlogs.
· Update project portfolio system for status, resource capacity planning, and budget preparation.
· Determine and remove obstacles that may interfere with the ability of teams to deliver assigned goals.
· Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful software implementation and support.
· Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase velocity.
· Building strong working relationships and working successfully in cross-functional teams.
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) required
· Project Manager experience with multiple information systems projects (4+ years)
· Agile / Scrum environment with a demonstrated appreciation for large enterprise standards (4+ years)
· Guidewire Suite knowledge (BillingCenter, ClaimCenter, or PolicyCenter) strongly preferred
· P&C Property & Casualty Insurance experience strongly preferred
· Experience successfully managing large, complex Agile teams in a results-driven environment
· Thorough understanding of enterprise software development processes and lifecycle
· Adjust and apply technical knowledge in a dynamic environment using Agile development principles
· Ability to quickly understand the scope of the project and identify key success and risk factors
· Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills, strong presentation and facilitation skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
· Proficiency in the SAFe /Lean/Kanban framework a plus
· PMP certification preferred