Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Premier Careers, Inc.
Posted on Feb 27
A Midwest based client is seeking a
to join their Home Office team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in commercial property Underwriting with an emphasis in construction and manufacturing classes of business. Exposure and experience working with reinsurance will be a BIG plus.
Position Summary –
The Program Underwriter will accurately and efficiently directs underwriting practices and goal achievements in the assigned program, accepts, rejects or modifies policies or policy changes that differ from current underwriting guidelines, negotiates reinsurance for policies outside the reinsurer's guidelines, helps resolves complex coverage questions, maintains an appropriate awareness and understanding of sales and marketing innovations and changes, places facultative reinsurance, submits policies over his or her authority to management, handles or participates in special assignments; maintains good customer relations; maintains good working relations with co-workers and other company personnel; timely and accurately advises management on matters relating to his or her job responsibilities. Substantial independent action and judgment are required in evaluating policies that differ from the company's underwriting guidelines and in directing overall underwriting practices and achievements in the assigned program.
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years' experience in the following areas:
– Property – very knowledgeable regarding property forms and filings; Casualty experience; Construction emphasis; experience with manufacturing and wholesale distributors is preferred
Branch Underwriting Practices
– Oversees underwriting goals and practices in the assigned programs
– Accepts, rejects or modifies policies or policy changes in the program
– Negotiates reinsurance and makes recommendations to management on policies exceeding his or her reinsurance authority
– Maintains awareness and understanding of sales and marketing innovations, changes and strategies
Our client provides a competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, a chance for future career growth and advancement, relocation assistance, significant job security and an outstanding corporate culture. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your career and take on some new underwriting responsibilities.
Terms of Usage
InsuranceIndustryCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)