Our client, a well-respected Law Firm is looking to add a Legal Billing Specialist . With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department.
The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BILLING COORDINATOR:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate client billing and the opening of clients/matters, including maintaining the integrity of fees and cost records.
- Maintains high level of service to internal and external clients while answering billing questions and researching billing related issues.
- Processes invoices using e-billing systems, while maintaining e-billing database.
- Sets up new clients on e-billing systems.
- Audits e-billing systems to match Elite Enterprise system. Follows up on “approval for payment” status in e-billing programs.
- Attends to and follows-up with attorneys regarding appeal processes. Prepares, submits and monitors invoice appeals.
- Enter information into computer or computes amounts due.
- Works with accounting and finance team on adhoc projects
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE BILLING ROLE:
- 3+yrs legal billing experience
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree
- Experience working with Elite or CMS software
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills