|One of our P&C insurance clients located in Coral Gables, FL has a need for an Insurance Accounting Manager for their financial reporting division. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of statutory reporting experience. GAAP accounting experience would be a plus. |
The Accounting Manager will work directly with the Controller, heading up the day to day financial activities of the company including preparation of consolidated financial statements, statutory financial statements of property & casualty insurance subsidiary, account reconciliations and maintenance of internal controls.
This position will manage the financial statement preparation on both a GAAP and STAT reporting basis. While there will be no direct reports, the Accounting Manager will assist in training, addressing questions, and reviewing the work of other accounting staff.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of the day-to-day activities of the accounting department including: accounts payable, accrued and prepaid expenses, cash disbursements, cash receipts, payroll, fixed assets, and general ledger accounting
- Understand, record, and manage premium transactions and claims accounting
- Manage outsourced vendor for insurance company technical accounting
- Oversee operational accounting including aged accounts receivable, premium refunds, cancellation activity, and non-admitted asset calculations
- Preparation of statutory financial statements including Schedule F and Schedule P
- Develop, improve, and issue timely monthly financial statements for management, investors, and the Board of Directors
- Maintain general ledger, chart of accounts, and report writer in Microsoft GP. Continually build and improve financial analyses using our reporting capabilities
- Assist in annual projections
- Assist with other related projects as needed.
Our client is annually rated as one of the "Best places to work in Southeast Florida" and they offer the selected individual an upbeat and professional work environment, a comprehensive benefits package, excellent job security and an opportunity to learn and grow with an expanding and successful insurance operation. Competitive compensation will be based on experience and include a generous annual incentive plan. Relocation assistance is also available for serious candidates. This position will report to the company Controller and there is room for future advancement for the motivated and driven accounting professional.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (advanced excel); Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
- Knowledge or statutory and reinsurance accounting required
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines