Great local company looking for an HR leader!
The Director of Human Resources will help attract and keep the best people in the industry by driving initiatives in employee engagement, talent acquisition, retention, and performance management. This person will empower the teams in human resources and training, as well as champion our culture across all locations. This person will serve as a member of the executive leadership team and will be responsible for developing and leading strategic human resources programs and initiatives in support of immediate and long goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Culture and Organizational Development
- Promotes culture through coaching, team-building activities, and other strategies
- Facilities annual cultural assessment and consistently works to improve scores
- Partners with leaders in addressing cultural issues including organizational change, agility, social networking, ethics and values, innovation, customer focus and diversity
- Champions change management and tackle cultural problems across all locations
- Leverages core values for the development of a high-performance culture
- Maintain and enhance a proactive recruitment system to fill our talent pipeline and identify passive candidates
- Work with managers to identify the best talent fit with every hire
- Leverage social media to enhance internal and external recruiting efforts
- Strengthen and promote employer brand as a great place to work
- Ensure effective implementation of onboarding program
- Mentor and develop managers through training and one-on-one coaching
- Create a formal plan to identify and develop the next generation of leaders and ensure continued succession planning
- Develop a program for recognition of internal game-changers
- Build structured processes to help employees create a career and personal development paths in order to assist them in pursuing growth
Training and Performance Management
- Develop, coach and mentor employees in partnership with managers
- Help develop a spirit of collaboration throughout departments through training programs
- Lead the performance management process to maximize the potential of all Gibson employees
- Implement focused training to empower employees to exceed expectations
- Supervise the Human Resources and Training staff
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate and/or as directed by Executive Leadership on personnel issues
- Provide data-driven insight into human resources and business performance
- Maintain strict confidentiality and uphold applicable laws at all times
- Create a team that provides a great internal and external experience for those that interact with HR
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; 10+ years of education and/or experience desired
- SPHR Certificate preferable
- Graduate degree preferable
- Must be comfortable in an electronic environment with strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Working knowledge of social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and people skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment
Special Considerations: As this role may require travel to other office locations, must hold a valid driver’s license and reliable, fully insured transportation.
Call Mike or Pete!
"Michiana's Most Connected Recruiters"