CONTRACT BOND UNDERWRITER
Under general direction, reviews contract bond applications to evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing. Establishes, maintains and develops agency and/or broker relationships. Has defined underwriting authority and business development responsibility.
Relying on limited experience and knowledge, the Contract Bond Underwriter is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are varied in nature.
• Review contract bond applications, bond forms, and contracts to evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability and rating.
• Perform analysis of applicant's financial statements and accompanying schedules, review their credit history, reference their credit and performance, and related due diligence.
• Review bond execution reports and Financial Adjustment Notices (FAN). Draft and issue surety bonds according to established guidelines.
• Approve within given authority or recommend approval or denial of bonds to higher authority within field or home office.
• Resolve legal, accounting and collateral issues related to bond submissions with internal clients.
• Cultivate relationships with internal and external contacts to facilitate the underwriting process, promote business development, and to remain abreast of industry trends
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
• Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive surety bond underwriting experience that includes a strong working knowledge of state laws and operating procedures.
• Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
• Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
• Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.