Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Construction Project Coordinator
Job Opportunity at
All Nations Placement Agency Inc.
Posted on Oct 20
Construction Project Coordinator
Lower Mainland, BC
We are a Construction Company in Surrey/Langley boundary and are looking for a Construction Project Coordinator to work with our Project Construction Site Manager to provide a wide variety of project coordination and support on our current project. As an integral part of the project team, you will assist with planning, coordinating and executing project plans under the supervision of the Project Manager, and assisting operations staff with safety and quality controls.
• Provide support to Operations, Project Construction Site Manager regarding all construction related issues where required
• Assist in preparation of quantity take-offs for various scopes of work to assist with tendering sub-trades.
• Monitor Subcontractor performance and insure adherence to the terms and conditions of such agreements
• Coordinate permitting and inspections with Project Construction Site Manager
• Track RFI submissions and responses, and keep detailed logs of such
• Track and manage submission / approval of all shop drawings and submission of close out documents, change orders and keep detailed reports of such
• Communicate concerns with Project Construction Site Manager and Operations about current project and tracking of project milestones; assists with the maintenance of the project schedule and baseline schedule
• Complete general project reports with Project Construction Site Manager, cost coding, submittals, schedules, meeting minutes and budgets
• Prepare subcontractor bid packages
• Understanding and knowledge of current market costs of construction
• Familiarity of BC Housing processes and Construction contracts
• Take a lead role in managing the day-to-day administrative and document control duties in the pre-construction and construction phases. This includes requests for information, site instructions, submittals/shop drawings, change orders etc.
• Review and code monthly invoices from subtrades and suppliers.
• Coordinate and collect all project closeout, maintenance manuals, as-built drawings etc.
• Maintains project start-up systems and procedures including job site trailer or office, master filing system, project billings, cost accounting system and project directory
• Supports & execute the subcontract management/procurement process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials, processes invoices and progress claims and assists with the review of documents and inquiries
• Coordinates the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data for project manager review, submitting change requests for approval and following through with subcontract change orders/purchase orders as directed
Technology diploma or engineering/construction management degree considered an asset.
Minimum 3-5 years related construction experience within the lower mainland, preferably with a general contractor.
Working knowledge of local construction methodology including administrative processes and on-site activities.
Working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
Strong work ethic is a must
Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
Exceptional communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines from multiple sources.
Some travel to site may be required on Vancouver Island
Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in moderately complex situations
Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning latest programs
Provide support to multiple project managers and other colleagues as needed
Experienced in preparation of Bids and Tender Submittals
Qualifications and personal attributes:
Excellent communication skills
Organized with strong problem-solving skills
Personable and approachable
Computer skills, including MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, QuickBooks and using One Drive
Independent - ability to communicate effectively with team and take instruction from Project Construction Site Manager, but also act authoritatively on your own
Honest - willingness to admit when you've made a mistake and take ownership
Administrative - ability to track budgets, change orders, field reports, weekly progress reports etc.
Personable - able to build and maintain solid relationships with co-workers and clients
Terms of Usage
InsuranceIndustryCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)