Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Premier Careers, Inc.
Posted on Oct 12
One of our clients, is seeking an experienced Claims Supervisor for their Portland area. This position requires complex casualty claims experience, with significant experience dealing with large, complex commercial auto cases, construction defect knowledge, GL experience and some prior exposure to Workers Comp claims. This position primarily handles logging, timber and trucking related claims and construction liability
claims. Workers Comp claims experience is a plus. An Oregon resident adjusters license is required .
Other key components of the job are:
1. Supervises and mentors the claims staff, including the administration of performance reviews, in-house training and the assignment of claims and related activities.
2. Assists the Regional Claims Manager in the execution of company and departmental activites related to claims.
3. Reviews, analyzes and interprets insurance policy conditions, exclusions and endorsements, to resolve coverage and liability issues for all lines of business
4. Evaluates claim reserves, including periodically evaluating the claim to ensure that the respective reserve properly reflects the potential exposure
5. Investigates claims to evaluate coverage and legal issues, including meeting with insureds and witnesses, obtaining insured, claimant and witness statements, medical records, experts, defense counsel and other evidentiary materials and information relevant to the respective claim, plus an overall evaluation of each claim, its potential liability and damages and the company's negotiating posture for settlement purposes;
6. Provides documentation of investigation and claims handling activities
The company seeks candidates with excellent communication skills, good time management ability, strong interpersonal skills and a solid track record of career progression and stability. A college graduate is preferred and evidence of continuing education in the insurance industry is a plus. The work will require occasional travel into the field, with most of your time spent in the Portland office. The company offers a competitive base salary, excellent benefits, a 401-K plan, an excellent work culture, mileage reimbursement, significant job security and a chance for future advancement based on performance.
Terms of Usage
InsuranceIndustryCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)