The Benefit Analyst role is to obtain, assimilate, analyze, process and illustrate fully insured and self-funded bids and quotes received on behalf of current and prospective clients.
- Contact carriers to request quotes as appropriate, then review and assess in-bound bids received for current client renewals and prospective clients
- Consolidate bids using approved format for use by Account Managers/Executives and clients
- Meet set deadlines completing quote spreadsheets and provide updates when exception anomalies occur in the bid assessment and review process
- Make recommendations to Account Manager/Executives based on carrier quote analysis
- Provide analytic support through regular (monthly, quarterly, annually) reporting on client policies, including HRA utilization, excess claims, membership, disruptions reports, cost and stop loss analysis
- Compile information and conduct data entry for UBA Benchmarking Surveys
- Provide content for enrollment guides, election forms, and other client materials, as requested
- Attend client meetings, employee enrollment meetings, and benefit seminars, as requested
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other business degrees
- Minimum of one year experience in an insurance related field preferred, or three years of experience in an analytic or customer service role in industries such as insurance, finance, banking, or similar industries with transferable skills desirable but not required
- Must possess or be able to obtain Michigan Resident Producer license for Accident and Helath , and Life Insurance.